What is Premature Ejaculation?
Simply put, premature ejaculation is a sexual condition commonly associated with men where a man orgasms faster than his woman would normally want. Some men are known to ejaculating before sex and some minutes into sex and this kills the sex mood; making the woman less satisfied in the process.
Premature ejaculation amongst men varies; some experience it once in a long while and in cases like this, there shouldn’t be any major cause for panic. Some men on the other hand, suffer from premature ejaculation all the time and in most cases can be very embarrassing both for them and their partners.
It is no news that if there is any reason for the series of breakups and disconnection in relationships and marriages today, premature ejaculation played a role in a series of them.
Like I did mention earlier, as a man you should only be concerned about premature ejaculation if you experience it on a regular basis, if not you have no need to panic.
Premature ejaculation to some men is a very embarrassing sexual condition and for this reason, they barely speak to people about it. If only they did, it would help them a lot as they would have help come their way.
Some Common Causes Of Premature Ejaculation
There isn’t a specific reason as to why men ejaculate quicker than necessary, it might be a psychological issue affecting the man amongst a host of other factors. Below are some of the reasons why men suffer from premature ejaculation.
- Chemical Imbalance: For men who suffer from premature ejaculation on a regular basis,it could be as a result of a chemical imbalance in their brains.
- Psychological Problems: This is perhaps the main causes of premature ejaculation. Some of this psychological factors are:
- Relationship problems
- Fear of being rejected during intercourse
- A negative sexual experience suffered before
- Anxiety brings about erectile dysfunction as men who are anxious about maintaining their sexual prowess in the bedroom would become anxious in the process and lose focus.
- Biological Problems: There are a series of hormonal problems that plays a big role in premature ejaculation and they are:
- Thyroid problems
- Certain hormonal levels
- Inflammation of the urethra and some other causes
Symptoms Of Premature Ejaculation
Basically, there are really no symptoms of premature ejaculation, however doctors have been able to classify it into two categories:
- Lifelong ejaculation (primary): This kind of ejaculation is majorly characterized by:
- Any inability to delay ejaculation each time sex comes into question
- Ejaculation that occurs during the first minute of sexual intercourse
- An unhappy and negative sexual experience
- Acquired ejaculation (secondary): This kind of ejaculation shares similarities with the lifelong ejaculation; the only difference being that this occurs after having sex previously and not experiencing any ejaculation problems.
Premature ejaculation in some cases can be resolved without the use of medical treatment. Some doctors and technicians will recommend you and your partner practice and try to relax more often as it would help in cooling your nerves. They also will recommend you to take some natural ed pills such as Viasil, Vigrx Plus, etc.
Visiting sex therapists is the ideal option for you as they will show you some of the most effective ways to stop ejaculating faster than necessary.
In some other cases, you are advised to practice thinking non sexual thoughts to avoid getting excited too fast.
Listed below are some techniques you can try out for yourself:
- Reduce your penile sensation: There are some gels that can help you with this. All you need do is get them and apply them to your penis 30 minutes before sexual intercourse. When using creams and gels, make sure to wear at least two condoms to prevent absorption by your partner.
- Change sex positions: The positioning of your penis during sex can also influence premature ejaculation. When having sex, try not to put much pressure on the most sensitive part of your penis. Some positions you can try are: the side by side position (very similar to spooning) and passive positions.
- Try more foreplay: I believe everything shouldn’t necessarily end with sex, you can take your partner to heights of sexual pleasure she never knew existed before without sex. So if it means you ejaculating before you start penetrating, it means you can still give her something worthwhile while you keep working on how not to ejaculate prematurely.
- Engage in lots of PC Muscles Exercises: The PC (pubococcygeus) exercises; also referred to as Kegel exercises is one way to control your ejaculation.This is done by stretching your pubococcygeus muscles.
Here’s how to do the PC exercise:
Step 1: Locating your PC Muscles, put two fingers behind your testicles. Fake urination, then immediately stop the flow of urine by contracting your muscles.
Step 2: Flex your PC muscles for at least 20 times. Hold for a second each time and then release afterwards. Repeat this exercise four times each week and when doing this try not to hold your breath.
Step 3: Lastly, this it to the next step. Get your penis in your hands and massage gently till you are as hard as rock. Keep massaging your penis till you are close to orgasm, once you are close, contract your PC muscles again and once your erection begins to go flaccid, start massaging your penis again until you are once again close to orgasm. Keep doing this and if you keep getting the result you wish for, then you can successfully stop ejaculating prematurely.
Summarily, premature ejaculation is a sexual condition you shouldn’t need to be embarrassed in any way about. Share the problem with the right people and you will get the best advise you need.